Organised by the Environment & Resources Authority under the patronage of
His Excellency, Dr George Vella, President of Malta
For the past four years, the Environment and Resources Authority (ERA) has been organising the Buonamico Award. This is a yearly award-giving ceremony under the patronage of H.E. President of Malta to honour those whose actions and achievements benefited our biodiversity and the environment. H.E. the President of Malta will be presiding over the Buonamico Award ceremony to be held at the San Anton Palace in October 2021.
ERA will be organising the fifth edition of the Buonamico Award and is inviting nominations for individuals and entities (including private enterprises, local councils, or governmental or non-governmental organisations) who may merit such an award. Such nominations may be submitted by filling in the nomination form through this link.
The following conditions apply:
- Nominees should be residents of Malta or in case of entities should be established in Malta, but may be of any nationality.
- The nominees should NOT be informed that they are being nominated for such award. This would automatically disqualify them from being considered for such an award.
- In case of NGOs, these must be enrolled as voluntary organisation with the Office of the Commissioner for Voluntary Organisations.
Persons not eligible to participate are:
- Awardees of the previous Buonamico Awards
- Employees of the Environment and Resources Authority
- Members of the Adjudication Board and their family members*;
*For the purpose of these awards, family members shall mean parents, siblings, children and spouses.
Nominations may be submitted by filling in the nomination form through this link.
Deadline for submission is Sunday 5th September 2021.